Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears... Oh My!

Metricon, Henley, Simmonds, Burbank or Porter Davis? Oh My!


Which one? Why? But does it include that? How much extra is it for that finish? Can I change it? 

So so many questions. Zero answers. Yet!


One thing I have to say is these companies have fantastic websites. Especially Metricon. You can refine your choice of homes, by $$$, by lot width, by number of rooms, and by number of bathrooms. It helps narrow the somewhat overwhelming choice pretty quickly.

But just as soon as you narrow the choice down to 3 or 4 of the stunning stunning homes, another 18 questions pop into your head. Is a $300,000 home really a $300,000 home? Or is it $300,000 for the shell, and then you need to add for carpet, add for a driveway, add for a garden, and so on and so on.

So am I really looking at a $240,000 house, plus the extras, and then it will amount to $300,000 by the time I'm all finished?

I'm going to make an appointment to meet with Metricon to find out some of the answers, and will report back.

In the meantime... what's your experience? Who did you choose? Why?

1 comment:

  1. I just want to thank you for sharing your information and your site or blog this is simple but nice Information I’ve ever seen i like it i learn something today. Western Sydney Builders

    ReplyDelete